Tuesday 2 July 2013

RiRi Hearts MAC Summer Collection

A little rant about MAC before my reviews..

Since I love MAC products and Rihanna is one of my idols I could not wait for this summer collection line to launch on the 20th June this year.  In my opinion MAC could have handled the launch of this collection line a lot better than they did, the line was meant to launch at exactly 12pm, it didn't go live until 12.10pm and by that point the whole site would not work from the sheer volume of people logging on.  The website would not work on iPhones or iPads, I had both on trying to get my order placed to no success so I then tried on my laptop and eventually got my order placed at 12.25pm.  I then went back on for my friend (no more than a minute later after I had placed my order) who couldn't get access to her laptop only to then find out the lipstick in the shade 'Heaux' was then completely sold out... after only 15/20 mins of the collection being live on the site. Even RiRi Woo from the first launch on the 3rd March this year did not sell out that quickly!  If only the website had worked on iPhones and iPads my friend along with a lot of other people would have got all parts of the collection they had wanted and waited to get. Then when she phoned MAC to complain about the website not working on iPhones and iPads to simply get a response of "well what do you want me to do about it" from a customer services woman from MAC.  Very rude if you ask me. Any way, enough of my ranting, lets get onto the products :)

I managed to get everything I wanted from the collection. I purchased, 2 of the lipsticks, the bronzer/blush duo and the lustre drops.

the 2 lipsticks I got from this launch were 'Heaux' and 'RiRi Boy'

Heaux in my opinion is a deep and dark magenta/raspberry pink with slight deep purple tones to it, it is a retro matte lipstick so sometimes it can be quite hard to apply onto the lips but I have found that applying a thin layer of lip balm on my lips helps it go on a little easier.  I had expected a little more of a brighter colour pay off from this lipstick, it's quite dark. this lipstick isn't good if you have dry & cracked lips cause once on it is a very drying lipstick but that's down to the retro matte effect. Over all though I love this lipstick, its perfect for a that bold lip statement (that isn't the typical bold red lip) and once on, it doesn't transfer off either :).
This swatch colour on my arm is a lot lighter than it turns out on my lips, plus this is after only one swipe of the lipstick

RiRi Boy is a beautiful soft almost lilac colour with blue undertones to it. I wasn't sure that I was going to order this lipstick since it's not a colour I would ever even think of wearing but I am sooooo glad I did! This lipstick also has a retro matte finish but it goes on a lot easier that RiRi woo and Heaux and I haven't found that I need a lip liner with this lipstick either.  The colour when on is so lovely, its a soft colour that you can build up to be brighter and more intense.  It's defiantly one of my new favourite lipsticks for the spring and summer months :). This lipstick also doesn't transfer once its on and it is quite drying like the other retro matte lipsticks from the Rihanna Hearts Mac Collection.
2 swipes of RiRi Boy, it looks darker in photographs than in real life.

The Bronzer/Blush duo in Hibiscus Kiss is probably my favourite product I purchased in this collection. Having a skin tone that is fairly light unless I have a fake tan on is a bit of a pain sometimes when it comes to bronzers because 9 times out of 10 they look stupidly orange on me. But I found this bronzer/blush duo to be absolutely great. The bronzer is so light on the skin and you can build it up to achieve the level of bronzer you want on your skin and when you add the soft coral blush to the apples of your cheeks your face gets a lovely summer glow without being shimmery cause I find it to be more matte than shimmery. I wish MAC would bring this out as a permanent line (maybe with some different blush colours) because I simply love this product!! The only one thing I find with this product is its really tightly compressed into the pan which makes it a little hard to get onto your brush but I suppose that's a good thing for the likes of me with lighter skin tones because then I don't over load my brush with bronzer and end up looking like I should belong in a colony of umpa lumpa's!!


From left to right - Blush on its own, middle is the bronzer on its own and the right swatch is them both mixed together.
The last product I got was the lustre drops in Barbados Girl.  I have never used any lustre drops from MAC before but since these were part of a limited edition collection I thought I would give them a go.  In the bottle these look like a scary dark orangey/bronzy colour but when you put a little amount on your cheekbones or where ever you want to put them they blend out to leave a lovely shimmery bronzy glow. I used this under Hibiscus Kiss and they went beautifully together. the other day when I was in a rush to get ready so instead of using blusher and bronzer I blended some Barbados Girl onto my cheeks on top of my foundation before using my setting powder on top and it looked great, it gave my cheeks a light but subtle colour/glow to them without the need of blush and bronzer.  

before blending
After Blending
please leave a comment on your own experiences and thoughts on these products, I'd love to hear other peoples reviews :)

Lisa
xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment