Wednesday 3 July 2013

Benefit's 'Watts Up' Highlighter

I got a small watts up highlighter in the bronze of champions kit from benefit, I used it once loved it that much I went straight online and bought myself the full sized version :)! The watts up highlighter is a soft focus highlighter for the face, it is in a cream stick form so you screw it up every time you want to use it. It glides on the skin easily and then when you blend it out it almost turns into a powder effect which I love, it makes it less intense than when you first glide it on.  I only use the full size watts up on my cheek bones when I go out at night for a few drinks, the soft champagne colour it leaves after being blended out highlights them brilliantly in photographs.  
One swipe across the back of my hand

Blended out to a soft highlight colour

Blended out with flash on

The mini sized watts up I have I tend to use as an eyebrow highlighter and a highlighter for my cupids bow to make my lips seem a little fuller. Its also good for highlighting down the bridge of my nose but if you do this be careful at how much you put on.. a bright shining nose in photographs isn't a good look for most people lol!  



Also can I just say how much I love the packaging for this product.. I know benefit is known for there funky designed packaging but I especially love the way the watts up is packaged!! Also attached to the bottom of the watts up highlighter is a small round sponge, I personally don't see the point in it, it's tiny and when I went to blend the highlighter into my cheek bones it took off half of my foundation with it so I tend not to use it and blend the highlighter in with either my fingers or my foundation brush.

This product retails for £24.50 and I know I say this a lot but you do get soo much product for your money! You can find it at www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk or www.debenhams.co.uk (if you are a Debenhams beauty card holder don't forget to add your card to collect your points and enter the code SHBC at the checkout for free standard delivery, Debenhams also ship internationally) I also think www.boots.co.uk are now stocking benefit cosmetics too!


I always shop around first before buying things online, different places have different promotions on at different times.

Please leave a comment below and let me know what your views of this product are, I'd love to hear them :)

Lisa
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment