Wednesday 3 July 2013

Benefit's High Beam & Sun Beam

OBenefit's high beam and sun beam are classed as complexion highlighters. These both work in different ways on your face.

First I want to start with high beam.  High beam is called a luminescent complexion enhancer (according to the back of the bottle) it gives a soft natural glow when on your face. there is 2 ways I like to use this, if i'm wanting an all over face glow I mix some in with my foundation and it gives your face an all over even glow, but if I just want my a glow on my cheekbones or any where else I just apply it straight over the top of my foundation before I set everything with a powder. I like high beam, I use it most days just now.  

Before being blended out

After being blended out 

Now onto sun beam. Sun beam is called a golden bronze complexion highlighter (according to the back of the bottle) I like this for when I have a fake tan on, it gives a nice glow to your face once you have either a fake tan or a natural tan. It blends out to leave a lovely soft golden glow. You only need a little e of this product as it blends out quite a bit.  I haven't tried this mixed with my foundation but i'll try that when we get some nice summer weather :)

Before being blended out
After being blended out

I only have the deluxe sample sizes of these products but once they have ran out I will definitely be purchasing the full size bottles.  I like the way you can apply these products, they both have a screw off lid and a brush attached to the inside of the lid, its almost like a bottle of nail polish which makes it really easy to apply either to your hand to mix in with your foundation or straight to your face for a more enhanced glow :).  I had expected them to be a little more thicker than they are but they are a nice smooth  creamy consistency that is so easy to apply and blend out either with your fingers or a brush.

these full size products retail for £19.50 each you get 13 ml/0.45 US fl.oz per large bottle which is a lot of product. I have smaller sizes of bottles that I got in some kits I bought from Benefit they are 4.0ml/0.13 US fl.oz so they aren't bad sized samples.  I've had highbeam for approx 2 months and I still have more than 2/3's left in the bottle and its only 4ml.

I got the high beam deluxe sample in the Benefit lip & cheek kits I purchased for £25.50 from www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk I will do full reviews on each kit in another blog post.
and I purchased the sun beam deluxe sample in a small kit I came across in a Boots store close to me, it had sun beam in it and a small travel sized box of the coralista blush.
 
Please feel free to share and leave comments below, I would love to hear your opinions in these products
 
Lisa
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment