Monday 8 July 2013

Illamasqua Alter Ego 'Mystery Box' Review, UK

The other day I was doing a little online shopping (nothing unusual for me) and I came across the Illamasqua Alter Ego Mystery Box which is exclusive to Debenhams.  So with this box, you get 6 full sized products from Illamasqua but you have no idea what colours they are going to be apart from the 2 items that are shown on the front of the box.  In this box it tells you that you are going to get a liquid metal metallic cream in the colour 'electrum' which is an intense gold colour and a nail polish in the colour 'colide' which is a very bright neon pink colour. The other 4 products, a lipstick, an intense lipgloss, a powder blush and an eye shadow are a complete mystery in colour wise. I was quite excited to buy this kit as I have always wanted to try more Illamasqua products as I have a matte finish primer and there skin base foundation but as there isn't an Illamasqua store near me I have always resisted buying things online from them so I thought this mystery box would be a great way to try out more of there products :)!


I got this box for what I can class as a bargin!!! It was on the Debenhams website originally for £38 which I didn't think was to bad since it has £91.50 worth of products in it, but then I noticed it was 50% off so I got the whole £91.50 worth or products for only £19.. how could I pass up on that bargin! Also since I am a beauty card holder in Debenhams I got free delivery too, result!!

Now lets get onto what is in the box :D!! I was a little nervous opening the box as I know Illamasqua are known for there wild and wonderful colours.

First there was a nail polish in the colour 'Colide', it's a bright neon pink colour which is a really nice summer colour for your nails :)


second there was a liquid metal cream in the shade 'Electrum' it's a rich gold colour, perfect for autumn and winter. It can also be used all over the body, its not just an eye colour.


Third there was an eye shadow and I was pleasantly surprised to see a matte purple eye shadow in the shade 'fallen'.

 
Fourth there was a lipstick in the shade 'Fetish'.. with a name like that I was expecting to see a really dark maybe even black but it turned out to be a gorgeous purple shade.


Fifth there was a powder blush which is in the shade 'Panic' and oh my I did panic when I seen this, it is bright red!! It goes on your cheeks as bright as it is in the pan.


And last but not least the sixth item was an intense lip gloss, I got one in the shade 'Repulse'... It is a pure BLACK glossy lip gloss!! Oh my, I have no idea when or how I am going to use this except maybe at Halloween lol!


All in all I only paid £19.00 for 6 full sized Illamasqua products, and I quite like that some of them are products I would never have even considered to even look at in a shop never mind buy them. I also went back online to see if i could purchase another one but it seems to have been taken off the website now.
Also if any one has any ideas on how to wear bright red blush & pure black lip gloss please let me know lol!!
 
Thanks for reading and look out for my next Illamasqua blog/review on the Eyes & Nails Mystery box.
 
Lisa
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment