Saturday 9 May 2015

Birchbox - May 2015

So it's that time of the month again when all the beauty boxes i have ordered start to land on my doorstep!! Birchbox is the first one to arrive this month and since i hadn't really seen any spoilers about this months box i was very excited to see what was inside! 

Firstly birchbox is £12.95 per month, with p&p included in the price! You can sign up to birchbox using my link here - Birchbox Sign Up If you sign up using my link you will also get 50 Birchbox points that amounts to £5 to spend in the birchbox online shop!! 

So lets get onto what i got in my box this month.. its a good one this month with 7 goodies inside :).
Can i just say how much i love the actual box that the products came in this month, you can colour it in!! The Theme of this months box is 'Free Your Mind'. No matter how old you are, colouring something in is somewhat relaxing and it's always fun too :)!

First thing i seen when i opened my box was a hair masque sachet by the brand Number4. It's a moisturising treatment with soy proteins  shea butter, sunflower seed and jojoba seed oils in it. It says it will leave your hair smooth, strengthened and shiney after using it so will see how it gets on with my hair! The Full size of this product is £36 so i'm expecting a good result!

Second out the box (and the only full sized product in the box) was a set of press on nails by the brand Wah London, I received the pattern 'The Pink Blush' and i really really like them! They'll be perfect to wear in the summer time! Birchbox have started letting you pick one of 3 products from a certain brand each month so that you get something in your box that you want. I wasn't too fussed at what i received from this brand so i left it for Birchbox to send me a surprise and i haven't been disappointed at all! These are on sale in the Birchbox shop for £9.

Third thing i see in my box is something from a brand birchbox has sent us before, it's RMK's point make-up remover. It's one of these ones that separates when your not using it so you have to give it a good shake before you use it on your face. It's an oil based make up remover that you put on a cotton pad then sweep it across your eyes to remove your waterproof mascara and eyeliner and across your lips to remove the stains from those lippys that just won't budge after a few hours of wear. It's a good sized sample we got,  50ml so i'll be popping that straight into my travel make up bag! The full size retails for £20.

Fourth product i pull out is a Mattfinity Lip Rouge in the shade New York by the brand Mirenesse. It's a brand i've never heard off so i'm looking forward to trying this lip stain out. Although i don't think i'll be wearing the shade i got all that often, it's a very bright red with orangey undertones too it and that unfortunately isn't my kind of lip colour i wear but i will give it a try and see how i like it :). The other 2 shades Paris - a plumy purply shade and Sydney - a bright pinky shade would have been better suited to me but it's ok. The full size of this costs £21.

Fifth thing i see in my box is another hair product. It's a moisturising Sea Salt Spray by the brand Parlour by Jeff Chastain. You spray this evenly onto damp or dry hair and style as normal for a tousled look. I'm excited to try this, i love trying new hair products hat might give my hair a little bit of structure, i have very fine hair so it ofter looks a little limp. It says it has a scent of 'ripe peaches and freshly cut grass' i wasn't sure at all when i red that but it actually smells really nice!! The size i received in my box is 30ml, that will last me a little while so i'm happy with that. The full size retails for £17 and it is a Birchbox Exclusive.

The Sixth item i got was probably my favourite product in the whole box. It's the Caudalie vinoperfect radiance tinted moisturiser that is oil free and has an SPF20, i got it in the shade light. I was really excited to see this in my box, i love the caudalie brand with the caudalie elixir being one of my favourite ever face products. Usually when a beauty box sends me a tinted moisturiser or a foundation ect it's always way to dark or orange for me because i do have quite a light shin tone but this tinted moisturiser is a really good match to my skin. It gives my skin a little bit of colour and a little bit of coverage and moisturises all at the same time. I have an oily/combo skin type so i usually stay away from any type of tinted moisturiser but this i found great. It's lightweight on my skin which is good. I am actually going to use it as a primer under my foundation and see how that looks too. The sample size we got was 15ml, a really good sized sample. It's big enough to let me try it enough times to see if i really like it or not. It also smells AMAZING, very lemony and fresh! The full size of this costs £27.

and the last thing in my box Was a little extra bonus, It was a pack of 6 colouring pencils so i can colour in my box! I think the design of this months box is amazing, 10 out of 10 this month Birchbox!!


I hope everyone else that got a box this month likes there box as much as i like mine! 

You can sign up to birchbox and get this box using my link above, and as i have said above you also get £5 worth of Birchbox points to spend in the birchbox online shop too. 

Lisa xo


No comments:

Post a Comment